The Presidential Scholars program at Wharton County Junior College is a unique opportunity for students to experience much more than a traditional college education. Scholars will spend personal time with the college president, meet local and international leaders and have opportunities to travel. Please complete the application below and submit to Catherine Shoppa by mail to 911 Boling Highway, Wharton, Texas 77488 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is August 1, 2015.
Any current student may submit an application for consideration for the Presidential Scholars program starting Fall 2015, as long as they meet the following criteria:
• Current WCJC student and have completed one semester at WCJC (12+ Credit Hours).
• 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
Benefits of the Program
• Meet one-on-one with the college president to discuss academic plans and goals.
• Interact with and gain insight from leaders in the community.
• Become part of a community of other Scholars with whom you can learn and socialize.
• Have opportunities to participate in annual educational trips.
• Serve as an ambassador of the college at events.
Presidential Scholars will attend activities for both fun and fulfillment, such as fine arts and athletic events held along the Texas Gulf Coast.
They will also have incredible opportunities to meet local and international leaders.
The Presidential Scholars program is generously underwritten in part by Stewart Morris, Sr.
More Information Contact Catherine Shoppa at