WCJC goes the distance to help you meet your educational goals. We offer more than 115 courses in a wide range of disciplines. Course content and transferability is identical to classes offered on-campus.
- Busy schedule? Our online courses accommodate students with changing schedules and are ideal for those with daytime commitments. Online delivery allows you to learn when and where it's convenient for you. Transform the drive time to College into time for work, family, and other activities. While distance learning classes give students more scheduling flexibility, they also require good time management skills and self-motivation for successful completion. They may not suit every student's needs, expectations, or learning styles. Check out our "Is Online Learning for You" section for more information.
- WCJC is committed to providing the highest quality distance education courses and programs to meet the changing needs of the 21st century learner. Distance education courses will be of the same quality and academic rigor as traditional classroom courses. Students are expected to establish and maintain high levels of involvement and interaction throughout the semester.
- WCJC staff from Student Services, Distance Education, and the IT Help Desk are committed to providing support for all of our distance learning students. Whether you need help with library research or resetting your password, help is always available. Check out our Technical Support and Academic Services pages for more information.
Distance Education FormatsWCJC offers students a flexible, convenient way to earn college credit by providing a variety of distance education in online, hybrid and interactive television (ITV) formats. Students should have access to the internet and be familiar with email, the web, creating and saving documents and uploading files.
- Internet courses are conducted almost, if not entirely (85-100%) online. Some instructors may require that students come to campus for orientations, field trips, or to take exams in an approved testing location.
- Hybrid courses combine online learning and face-to-face instruction. These courses provide 50 to 85% of class instruction in an online setting. The remainder of the instruction (15-50%) takes place in traditional face-to-face setting.
- ITV provides instructional content through a two way video communication network. It provides real-time face-to-face instruction between the instructor and students at multiple locations. In most instances ITV courses are also web-enhanced, requiring students actively engage in an online component. This may include elements such as the submission of assignments, online testing and/or participation in discussion boards.
All traditional face-to-face classes may be enriched by the addition of an online component. Some courses may require students to actively engage in an online element. This may include activities such as the submission of assignments, and/or participation in discussion boards. The online component may be hosted on our learning management system or other web location. Students should contact the instructor or check the course syllabus to determine if there is an online component.