Level II Certificate/Division of Vocational Science
The cosmetology program prepares students by developing positive attitudes as well as the skills and technical knowledge necessary for competency in the field of cosmetology. The program is open to both female and male applicants and allows students the opportunity to complete the State Cosmetology Board Examination. The student must have a 2.0 overall GPA to receive a certificate of completion.
- Apply to Wharton County Junior College. All admission requirements must be met with WCJC prior to enrolling into the Cosmetology program.
- Testing - Must be TSI met in Reading (a minimum score of 351).
- Contact Jacqueline Kuehn, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or come by program office (LD-110) for Program Application.
- Students MUST submit the following to be considered for an interview: program application, passing TSI scores, and a letter of recommendation.
- Students will be contacted by the Program Director for an interview.
- Selected students will be registered for classes by the Program Director.
Testing Center information for each campus is available online at www.wcjc.edu or by calling the Wharton campus at 1-800-561-9252 ext. 6386.
Plan of Instruction
The cosmetology program offers day and evening classes, both held in Wharton. The length of the day class is 11 months and the length of the evening class is 18 months. Students will register for classes each semester (Fall, Spring & Summer). New students are only accepted for Fall and Spring semesters. The program is offered in Wharton only. Inquiries concerning admission and registration should be directed to the Cosmetology Department, 979-532-6422.
Capstone Experience: Mock State Board Exam
State Board Exam: Upon satisfactory completion of the program, students are eligible to apply for the state board examination to become licensed as cosmetologists.