- Is financial aid available?
Yes, to qualified students and veterans. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-800-561-9252 ext. 6346.
- When are the EMS courses offered?
WCJC offers classes at the Wharton and Richmond campuses. All the EMS classes are held at night. The EMT-Basic courses are held in the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. The EMT-Paramedic are held in the Fall and continue in the Spring semester.
- How much can I miss?
NONE. But, you are allowed approximately 10% of the total number of hours.
- Are there jobs?
Yes, private services, transfer services and hospital providers hire EMS professionals.
- What additional supplies will I need for the class?
Note taking materials, penlight, stethoscope, and EMS shears.
- How can I pay?
You can pay with cash, credit card (Visa or Mastercard), check, or money order. Contact the WCJC Business Office for more details
- When do I pay?
Tuition/fees must be paid at time of registration.
- Do I need college credit before I enroll into the EMS program?
No, just a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Will we have any time off from school?
Yes, we follow the college holiday schedule.
- Where can I get more Information?
Contact the EMS Training Office at 1-800-561-9252 ext. 6540 or 6554.