- Is financial aid available?
Yes, to qualified students and veterans. Please contact the WCJC Financial Aid Office at 1-800-561-9252 ext. 6346 for assistance.
- When are the EMS courses offered?
EMT courses are held every semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer) at both the Wharton and Richmond campuses. Advanced EMT and EMT-Paramedic classes are held at the Wharton campus.
- How many classes am I able to miss?
NONE, but we do allow you to miss approximately 10% of the total number of class hours.
- Are there jobs?
Yes. EMS departments, private services, transfer services, and hospital providers hire EMS professionals.
- What additional supplies will I need for class?
Class uniforms, note-taking materials, a penlight, stethoscope, and EMS shears.
- How may I pay tuition/fees?
You may pay at any WCJC campus Business Office using cash, credit card, check, or money order. You may also pay through the WCJC online services.
- When is payment due?
The tuition/fees must be paid at the time of class registration.
- Do I need college credit hours prior to enrolling in the EMS program?
No. A High School diploma or GED are required for admission to Wharton County Junior College.
- Will we have any time off from school?
Yes. The program follows the college holiday schedule.
- Where may I get more Information?
You may get program information from our catalog, the EMS program webpage, or by calling the EMS office at 800-561-9252 ext. 6540, 6518, or 6554.