In addition to applying to WCJC, you MUST also apply directly to the Police Academy so a required information packet may be sent to you.
- Must apply and meet all admission requirements to Wharton County Junior College.
- Must be TSI met in Reading, or score a minimum of 18 on the Reading Placement Test. If testing is needed, you may schedule an appointment with one of our testing sites (Richmond, Sugar Land or Wharton). *Please call 1-800-561-9252: x6386-Wharton, x1532-Richmond and x8434-Sugar Land
- Complete and return the Application to the Police Academy office. You may mail, fax, or hand deliver the application. An academy packet will be mailed or given directly to you.
- Must pass a Medical Examination w/drug screen. (See academy packet for details/required form)
- Schedule an appointment with the mandated Psychologist for the Psychological Exam. (See academy packet for details/required form)
- Must pass a Criminal Background check. (See academy packet for details/required forms)
- You may register for the program online or at the registration office at any of our campuses.
- Pay tuition/fees at the time of registration.
WCJC WILL SUPPLY ALL WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION.