In addition to applying for admissions to WCJC, you MUST also apply directly to the Police Academy so a required information packet may be sent to you.
- Must apply and meet all admission requirements to Wharton County Junior College.
- Must be TSI met in Reading, or score a minimum of 18 on the Reading Placement Test. If testing is needed, you may schedule an appointment with one of our testing sites by calling 1-800-561-9252 x6386-Wharton, x1532-Richmond, or x8434-Sugar Land.
- Complete and return the Application to the Police Academy office by mail, fax, or hand delivery. You will receive the required information packet by mail.
- Must pass a Medical Examination w/drug screen by the Academy's designated licensed physician. (See academy packet for details/required form)
- Must pass a Psychological Exam with the Academy's designated licensed psychologist. (See academy packet for details/required form)
- Must pass a Criminal Background check. (See academy packet for details/required forms)
- You may register for the program at any of our campuses.
- Pay tuition/fees at the time of registration.
WCJC WILL SUPPLY ALL WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION.