The following qualifications MUST be met before taking the entry exam:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Be a high school graduate OR passed the G.E.D. test OR 24 months active duty military
service w/ Honorable Discharge.
- Be at least 21 years of age by the date of graduation from the Basic Peace Officer
- Have NEVER been nor currently on court-ordered community supervision or probation
for any criminal offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor
within the last ten years
- Is not currently under indictment for any criminal offense
- Have NEVER been convicted of an offense above the grade of a Class B Misdemeanor or
convicted of a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years
- Have NEVER been convicted of any family violence offense
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition
- Have been HONORABLY DISCHARGED from the military, if applicable
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- Pre-TASP OR THEA OR THEA equivalent reading requirement met.
Applicants will be required to pass a physical exam and drug screen, a psychological exam, and a criminal history check. Current Law Enforcement employees should inquire about exemptions from exams.