Six Months Prior to Beginning Classes:
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Priority deadline date is June 1st and November 1st. Those who complete the FAFSA early have access to more sources of aid. WCJC’s school code is 003668. Please do not assume that WCJC will automatically process your aid award; after registering for classes, check WCJC online services or the Financial Aid Office to ensure all paperwork is complete and processed. If you initially submit the FAFSA for another college or university, use your FSA ID to add WCJC to the recipient list. Verification will begin once all documents have been received and will be completed in the order of receipt.
Four Months Prior to Beginning Classes (in case retesting is needed):
- Apply online to Wharton County Junior College at ApplyTexas.org
- Submit (or request) official high school transcripts to WCJC with graduation date. NOTE: Students applying for financial aid (grants, loans and/or scholarships) must have official high school transcripts on file with WCJC.
- Take a placement test: TSI Assessement or submit exemptions (from STAAR EOC, SAT or ACT). If you need to test, please check the college website for test dates..
- Research and apply for scholarships. Scholarship information is provided is several ways: WCJC’s Financial Aid Department, and many community groups. Check frequently, there is no common deadline date for application. Not all scholarships are academic or athletic based. Please note: WCJC Scholarship deadline-before April 1st. .
- Get a bacterial meningitis vaccination (if you have not had one within the past 5 years) and submit required documentation to the Registrar’s Office. Required for students under 22 years of age.
- For information on the bacterial meningitis vaccination, click here.
Three-Two Months Before Classes Begin:
- Register to attend a New Student Orientation Session or complete an online New Student Orientation. Check WCJC website for dates and registrations procedures for New Student Orientation (NSO).
One-Two Months Before Classes Begin:
- Complete NSO requirement either in-person or online. Make sure you have submitted all admission information (application, transcripts, test scores and meningitis record) so that you can register for classes if you attend an in-person session or register during your primary advising session.
- Once you have been admitted as a WCJC student, you will need to set up your portal. Once registered, the college will communicate with you via email through your portal.
- Pay for your classes. Verify that your financial aid has been processed, pay for your classes or sign up
for the installment plan and make a payment.
Week Before Classes Begin:
- Obtain your parking permit. Parking stickers are required at all WCJC locations, except the Sugar Land campus, and are available in the security office. Bring your license plate number with you and driver's license with you.
- Purchase your text books. You can go to your campus bookstore, or other bookstores to purchase your textbooks or purchase online.
- NOTE: Students who register early have the best choices for class times, days, etc.