- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Priority deadline date is June 1st. Those who complete the FAFSA early have access to more sources of aid. WCJC’s school code is 003668. Please do not assume that WCJC will automatically process your aid award; after registering for classes, check WCJC online services or the Financial Aid Office to ensure all paperwork is complete and processed. If you initially submit the FAFSA for another college or university, use your PIN to add WCJC to the recipient list. Verification will begin once all documents have been received and will be completed in the order of receipt.
January - April
- Apply online to Wharton County Junior College
- Take a placement test: TSI Assessment or submit exemptions (from TAKS, STAAR EOC, SAT or ACT). If you need to test please check the college website for test dates.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to help with proper course selection and to discuss the academic programs available at WCJC. Bring a copy of your test scores with you if possible.
- Research and apply for scholarships. Scholarship information is provided is several ways:
(1) Your high school Guidance Office, (2) WCJC’s Financial Aid Department, and (3) many community groups. Check frequently, there is no common deadline date for application. Not all scholarships are academic or athletic based.
- Get a meningitis shot (if you have not had one).
- Register for a New Student Orientation Session. Check WCJC website for dates and registrations procedures for New Student Orientation (NSO).
- Submit official high school transcripts to WCJC with graduation date. NOTE: Students applying for financial aid (grants, loans and/or scholarships) must have official high school transcripts on file with WCJC.
- Attend NSO make sure you have submitted all information (application, transcripts, test scores and meningitis record) so that you can register for classes during orientation.
- Create your WCJC student e-mail account. Once registered the college will communicate with you by email.
- Pay for your classes. Verify that your financial aid has been processed, pay for your classes or sign up for the installment plan and make a payment.
- If you were unable to attend a New Student Orientation Session please register for classes ASAP and set up your WCJC student e-mail account. Do not forget to make your payment or verify that your financial aid is in place (watch for purge dates)!
- Obtain your parking permit. Parking stickers are required at all WCJC locations, except the Sugar Land campus, and are available in the security office. Bring your license plate number with you.
- Purchase your text books. You can go to your campus bookstore, or other bookstores to purchase your textbooks or purchase online.
- NOTE: Students who register early have the best choices for class times, days, etc.