Students are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the detailed requirements of their chosen
degrees and for preparing themselves to meet those requirements.
Deadlines for applying for graduation are:
Students must complete and submit to the
Registrar’s office the application for graduation Application for Graduation Form. Caps and
gowns are ordered through the WCJC bookstores. The Office of Student
Services may provide announcements.
General requirements for graduation for the
Associate of Arts degree or the Associate of Applied Science degree are as
- All entrance requirements must be fulfilled.
- Candidates who entered college after the
fall of 1989 must demonstrate proficiency in basic skills either by
passing all three sections (Reading, Writing, and Mathematics) of an
official college entrance, alternative, or exemption test. Meets the
Texas Success Initiative as required by the Texas Higher Education
- All financial obligations must be met.
- At least sixty semester hours must be earned.
- A grade point average of at least 2.0 ("C")
must be earned.
- Candidates must complete at least
twenty-four semester hours at
Wharton County Junior College.
- Candidates must complete at least fifteen
hours of sophomore-level courses.
- When requirements for degrees are met
during the summer session or fall semester, diplomas are mailed to