In order to be considered for financial aid you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree-seeking or qualified certificate program.
- Make satisfactory academic progress (SAP) –See the WCJC website at
http://www.wcjc.edu/admin_offices_n/financial_aid/satisfactory.asp. It is a student’s responsibility to know the SAP policy!.
- Not be in default on a federal student loan—Financial Aid can’t be award in a retroactive manner to any student in default status. Aid can only be awarded on the date the default was cleared by the Department of Education.
- Not owe a refund on any federal financial aid.
- Have a high school diploma or GED—These documents must contain a graduation or completion date.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if required)—This requirement will be monitored by the Department of Education.