The following qualifications MUST be met before taking the entry exam:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or passed the G.E.D. test
- Have NEVER been nor currently on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years
- Not currently under indictment for any criminal offense
- Have NEVER been convicted of an offense above the grade of a Class B Misdemeanor or convicted of a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years
- Have NEVER been convicted of any family violence offense
- Have been honorably discharged from the military, if applicable
- Possess a valid Texas driverís license
- THEA OR THEA equivalent reading requirement met.
Applicants will be required to pass a physical exam and drug screen and a criminal history check.