The History Department of Wharton County Junior College has these purposes:
- To provide the student with an understanding of the development of American
- To provide the student with a working knowledge of the evolution of the U. S.
in perspective to the global community (1302).
- To facilitate a greater understanding of citizenship among students (both
The objectives used to reach these goals include:
- Cultivate students analytical thinking skills regarding the development
of American History (1301) and its evolution into the context of the
present day (1302).
- Increase students basic ability to identify and to understand the
primary components of historical development.
- To ensure that students understand the cyclical principals of history
with relation to the past and present (1301, 1302).
- Build students basis of understanding of the U. S. and its history in
relation to the global community.