About the Foundation
The Wharton County Junior College Foundation was established in 1954 under the leadership of F.J.L. Blasingame, C.P. McElroy, and R.D. Wright. The first board was comprised of these community leaders and also included J.F. Hudgins, Donald Duson and Irving Moore.
Although the board members have changed over the years, the Foundation's mission has remained
to raise funds through contributions and investments to benefit student scholarships, academic programs, and faculty development.