911 Boling Highway
Wharton, Texas 77488
|Ft. Bend Tech
5333 FM 1640
Richmond, Texas 77469
14004 University Blvd.
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
|Bay City Campus
4000 Avenue F
Bay City, Texas 77414
back to previous page
High School Senior Timeline
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application
for Federal Student Aid) Priority deadline date is June 1st. Those who
complete the FAFSA early have access to more sources of aid. WCJC’s
school code is 003668. Please do not assume that WCJC will automatically
process your aid award; after registering for classes, check WCJC online
services or the Financial Aid Office to ensure all paperwork is complete
and processed. If you initially submit the FAFSA for another college or
university, use your PIN to add WCJC to the recipient list. Verification
will begin once all documents have been received and will be completed
in the order of receipt.
January - April
- Apply online to Wharton County Junior College
- Take one of the following placement tests: Compass or Quick THEA or
submit exemptions (from TAKS, SAT or ACT). If you need to test please
check the college website for test dates.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to help with proper course selection
and to discuss the academic programs available at WCJC. Bring a copy of
your test scores with you if possible.
- Research and apply for scholarships. Scholarship information is
provided is several ways:
(1) Your high school Guidance Office, (2) WCJC’s Financial Aid
Department, and (3) many community groups. Check frequently, there is no
common deadline date for application. Not all scholarships are academic
or athletic based.
- Get a meningitis shot (if you have not had one).
- Register for a New Student Orientation Session. Check WCJC website
for dates and registrations procedures for New Student Orientation (NSO).
- Submit official high school transcripts to WCJC with graduation
date. NOTE: Students applying for financial aid (grants, loans and/or
scholarships) must have official high school transcripts on file with WCJC.
- Attend NSO make sure you have submitted all information
(application, transcripts, test scores and meningitis record) so that
you can register for classes during orientation.
- Create your WCJC student e-mail account. Once registered the college
will communicate with you by email.
- Pay for your classes. Verify that your financial aid has been
processed, pay for your classes or sign up for the installment plan and
make a payment.
- If you were unable to attend a New Student Orientation Session
please register for classes ASAP and set up your WCJC student e-mail
account. Do not forget to make your payment or verify that your
financial aid is in place (watch for purge dates)!
- Obtain your parking permit. Parking hangtags are required at all WCJC locations, except the Sugar Land campus, and are available in the
security office. Bring your license plate number with you.
- Purchase your text books. You can go to your campus bookstore, or
other bookstores to purchase your textbooks or purchase online.
- NOTE: Students who register early have the best choices for class
times, days, etc.