All forms are in .pdf format. To access these files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader .
Appeal Request Form
Award Year 2019-2020 Forms
- 2019-20 Verification Worksheet- V1-V5
- 2019-20 Statement of Educational Purpose-V4, V5
- 2019-20 Income Verification Worksheet
- 2019-20 Signature Page (must be an ink signature, not photocopied; must be mailed or hand-delivered)
- 2019-20 Request for Federal Stafford Loans
- 2019-20 DPLUS Application
- 2019-20 Assessment and Investment Value Worksheet
Award Year 2020-2021 Forms
- 2020-21 Verification Worksheet- V1-V5
- 2020-21 Statement of Educational Purpose-V4, V5
- 2020-21 Income Verification Worksheet
- 2020-21 Signature Page (must be an ink signature, not photocopied; must be mailed or hand-delivered)
- 2020-21 Request for Federal Stafford Loans
- 2020-21 DPLUS Application
- 2020-21 Assessment and Investment Value Worksheet
EFFECTIVE 1/09/2019: STUDENTS AND PARENTS MAY SUBMIT A SIGNED COPY OF AN INCOME TAX RETURN (1040 FORM) FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES.
Tax filers can request a free copy of their 2018 tax transcript online.
- Go to https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.
- Click “Get Transcript Online.”
- Follow instructions for creating an account or log in.
- Select "Tax Return Transcript" (not "Tax Account Transcript"). In the Tax Year field, select "2018."
- Download and print the tax transcript.
- Sign and submit the tax return transcript to WCJC. Please include the student's name and WCJC ID number on the tax transcript.
The FATV video below gives more details about requesting a tax transcript for verification.
As part of the verification process for financial aid, the Department of Education requires that people who do not file taxes submit an IRS letter of non-filing status to the Wharton County Junior College Office of Financial Aid.
The request for an IRS Verification of Nonfiling Letter can be made online at the IRS website using the instructions below.
- Under Tools, click “get a tax transcript”.
- Click “Get Transcript ONLINE."
- Enter the non-filer’s Social Security Number (you can use your ITIN or EIN), e-mail address, filing status, account numbers for loan or credit card associated with your name, and mobile phone associate with your name. This information will be used to verify your identity with the IRS.
- Click “Continue”.
- Select “Verification of Nonfiling Letter” and in the tax year field select “2018."
- If successfully validated, you will be able to view your IRS Verification of Nonfiling Letter, which can then print it out for submission.
- Sign and submit the letter to WCJC. Please include the student's name and WCJC ID number on the letter.
EFFECTIVE 1/09/2019: STUDENTS AND PARENTS MAY SUBMIT A SIGNED STATEMENT OF NONFILING FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES. If the parent, student, or spouse attempts but is unable to obtain the verification of nonfiling from the IRS or other relevant tax authority, WCJC may accept the following:
1) A signed statement certifying that the individual:
- Attempted to obtain the verification or confirmation of nonfiling from the IRS or other tax authority and was unable to obtain it, and
- Has not filed and is not required to file an income tax return for the tax year being verified; and
- Listed the sources and amounts from each source of any income earned from work by the individual for the tax year being verified; and
2) A copy of IRS Form W-2, or an equivalent document, for each source of employment income received by the individual for the tax year being verified.
The FATV video below gives more details about the verification of nonfiling.
The WCJC Financial Aid Office accepts forms in the following ways:
- Fax 979-532-6937
- Attached to an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delivered in person at any campus
- Mailed to WCJC Financial Aid Office, 911 Boling Hwy, Wharton, TX 77488
The 2020-2021 Signature Page must be hand-delivered or mailed and must have an ink signature. A photocopy or fax of this document will not be accepted.