The Accuplacer Next Generation Advanced Algebra and Functions (AALF) Exam is administered by special appointment with the Testing Center. The test is for students who excel mathematically but do not have the prerequisites for entry into Calculus I, Math 2413. A fee of $20, payable to the WCJC Business Office, is required for each AALF Test.
- A maximum of two AALF Calculus Placement Tests can be taken in 365 days.
- No credit is given for any course; only permission to take Calculus I is granted.
- Students who score from 276 to 300, inclusive, will be given a signed Petition For Entry for Calc I at WCJC, which they can take to the Admissions Office to register.
- Calculators are not allowed for the exam. An on-screen calculator is embedded into the test.
- Receipt for payment and valid photo ID are required to test.
Study Material and Information
- Test concepts: linear equations, linear applications and graphs, factoring, quadratics, functions, radical and rational equations, polynomial equations, exponential and logarithmic equations, geometry concepts for algebra I and II, trigonometry.
- Practice Exams available at http://www.accuplacerpracticetest.com/