Distance Learning Program Information
Distance Learning is an online-based program that gives students additional practice outside the classroom and helps decrease the amount of time it takes inside the classroom to study for the HSE test or to improve English language skills. Our Distance Learning program is user-friendly and can help the ESL or HSE student to develop an individualized study plan. All completed distance-learning hours count towards the hours needed for the ESL and HSE progress testing within the classroom.
Benefits to the Distance Learning Student:
- Ability to study outside of class at anytime
- Improves computer skills
- Provides additional practice in weakest areas; enhances student’s strong areas of study
- Independent study allows for working at own pace
- Prepares the student for classroom discussions and higher-level work
- Work completed is graded immediately and feedback is provided for questions answered incorrectly
Guidelines for the Distance Learning Student:
- Co-enrollment in an AEL (ESL or HSE) instructional class (day or night) with consistent attendance is strongly encouraged
- Basic computer skills needed, Internet access is a must*
- Distance learner needs to be self-motivated, organized, and possess strong study skills
- All distance learning work must be done outside of instructional class hours
- A student not showing distance learning activity for seven (7) consecutive days will be dropped from the distance learning program and may reenter the program at the Distance Learning Instructor’s discretion.
Guidelines for registering for Distance Learning:
- Go to www.wcjcdistancelearning.weebly.com
- Fill out the registration and survey at the top of the page.
- Then you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org log in information.
"Virtual" DL Lab is available to AEL students to meet with the DL Facilitator. You can join the session per the schedule below:
Distance Learning Instructor Contact Information:
Distance Learning Email: email@example.com
* WCJC Open Computer Labs’ Locations and Schedules. These labs are open to all AEL students, (ESL or HSE), to use for their Distance Learning purposes.