WCJC is committed to supporting Distance Education students by providing a range of student services. Below you will find links to commonly utilized services. Please feel free to contact the Distance Education department if you have additional questions.
Testing in the Online Environment
Beginning Fall 2017 all WCJC online courses require the use of Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB) and Respondus Monitor for at least one online exam. RLDB is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam while in the LockDown Browser. Respondus Monitor is a companion application for RLDB that uses webcam and video technology to prevent cheating during online exams. Students must verify their identity via a valid picture ID at the start of the exam and then Monitor makes a video recording of the exam session that the instructor can view.
Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and Monitor:
It is recommended that students install multiple browsers to use as options, as most technical issues in online courses involve computer browser settings.
- Computer Browsers: Internet Explorer 11+, Edge 20+, Firefox 31+*, or Google Chrome 36+ browsers* are required. For Mac users, it is recommended to use Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari 6+ browsers.
- Mobile & Tablet Browsers: Android 4+, Chrome 35+, Edge 20+, and Safari 6+.
- note Chrome 42+, Edge, and Firefox 52+ don't support NPAPI type plugins and many media browser plugins.
Admission and Registration Support
- Steps for Admissions
- Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fee Info
- Pay Online
- Academic Calendar
- Online Bookstore
- SmarThinking – Online Tutoring
- Library Services for Online Students
- Learning Resource Center
- Testing Center
- Students with Disabilities
- Campus Computer Labs